Background

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Stenciled Table

I needed a knew Kitchen table but did not want to spend a lot of money, like most people, so I went on Craigslist and stalked furniture adds for weeks! While at the same time i was surfing Pinterest for fun crafts and came upon this little gem from Domestic Imperfection that caught my eye.
 Finally I found one that was the perfect size and most important... PRICE. I gathered all the materials at Home depot and Michael's.
First I did a light sand just to get the glossy finish off which didn't take much. Then i started with the stencil, which let me tell you can be a real pain, but i got it on there! Then i put the Stain of the top of the stencil and started to freak out.....! Everything went dark including the stencil. On the tutorial from Pinterest she sanded between the stencil step and the stain step. I choose to skip over that part because I don't own a sander and I thought it would take the paint off. So I waited in anticipation and found that the stain did lighten after a while and then after I put on the polyurethane coat it actually took off the satin a bit allowing the stencil to show through! (Few!!!) I know mine doesn't look exactly like hers but I still love it! Here is my before and after shots. Happy Pinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment