Background

Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall Inital Wreath tutorial

I have a fetish for Initial home decor and I was in desperate need of a fall wreath since all I have to signify the fall season are decorations! Seriously, its still so hot here ;( Anyway, I found inspiration for this from a pin I saw a while back. So this post is not exactly from Pinterest, however....if one of you put it on Pinterest then it will be! Ok so here is the Pin that gave me my idea.
 Let me start out by saying I did this wreath for around $10!!! I did have burlap leftover so I didn't have to buy that, but cheap non the less. So first I went to Joanns and got:
                        
                                                      1. Wood letter $2 (On sale)
2.Fake leaves $1

3.Berries and acorns $1 each
4. Grape vine wreath $2.99
 5.Burlap (free) leftovers
 So from the beginning: I placed berries and acorns inside the grape vine wreath and then strategically hot glued the leaves around them. Next I cut a strip of burlap and wrapped it around the wreath at the top and cut a small slit like in the burlap picture above. I put the other end of the burlap strip through the slit and that created the part I hung on the hook. Then I cut small strips of burlap and created a bow effect by individually gluing burlap loops on top of each other. ( I had a hard time figuring out this part but I finally got it after a few tries ; ). Then i glued more leaves!
 For the "W" I painted with craft paint I also had left over and made it a cream color. Then I used the "dirty cowboy" technique I learned from my stencil table tutorial at Domestic Imperfection. After the W was dry I sanded it and then applied a little bit of the dark stain I had from my table project. Right after applying I wiped of what I could with a rag and whats left over creates a great weathered effect.
Well I hope this gives you some inspiration for your fall decorating. Happy Pinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment